It is often the case that a planned company restructure or reorganisation results in fewer jobs.
If your planned restructure means you need to reduce the number of your employees, a formal redundancy procedure must be implemented.
Getting the redundancy procedure wrong can expose your business to claims of unfair dismissal which could lead you straight into a potentially expensive (money and time) employment tribunal.
A robust redundancy procedure ensures that there is:
- Communication at every step of the way.
- Regular and meaningful consultation with affected employees or their representatives.
- Fair and objective selection criteria.
- Information for those individuals not directly affected by the redundancy process.
- An appeals procedure.
- Support for the 'survivors' of the restructure.
Healey HR can provide you with a comprehensive redundancy procedure which is fair, transparent and compliant with current UK employment legislation.